Freelance Production Artist/Junior Designer position at MJHS Health System.
Position is located in lower Manhattan and will be for a period of 4+ weeks starting immediately.
The Production Artist will support the Creative Director in executing both print and digital marketing projects. While honoring the design intent as much as possible, the production artist will be responsible for the iteration and versioning of existing programs, and for building and prepping mechanical files for release to production. Successful candidates must be able to work independently and also as part of a team. Candidate will have the opportunity to assist Creative Director on creative projects when production workload is light. Must be able to work with a strong attention to detail while under pressure and within deadlines.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing production support to art directors and designers in an in house creative team or agency.
- Minimum 2 years doing production for print and digital projects using InDesign including working with templates, stylesheets, pre-flighting and releasing files to printers.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat required.
- Must be very comfortable working in Mac OS X.
- Excellent organizational and file management skills, able to archive files using existing convention.
- Comfortable working on print projects as well as digital projects.
- Ability to multi task, maintain deadlines, and to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills in person and in writing.
- Ability to problem solve (i.e. communicate problems when they arise in a calm and clear manner and recommend a solution).
- Portfolio reflecting capability required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.