Summary of Home Care Services
MJHS Home Care is a certified home health agency serving the needs of patients across New York City, Westchester and Nassau counties.
Services we can offer your patients include:
Once your patient is admitted into our home care program, our skilled nursing care team will work with you to coordinate and develop a plan of care that includes specific goals and objectives:
- Helping manage medications
- Educating patient on managing disease-specific conditions such as heart failure, diabetes or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Supervising personal care provided by a home health aide
- Administering IV drugs and shots, and educating family members on tube feedings
- Performing prescribed wound care to facilitate optimal healing
- Coordinating with our palliative care team to provide enhanced services if the patient is experiencing symptoms due to a chronic or advanced illness
Our licensed physical and occupational therapists and language pathologists provide:
- Comprehensive evidence-based treatment plans
- Aggressive, individualized goal-setting to help patients reach their peak mobility and activity levels
- Home safety and accessibility evaluations with modification recommendations
- Advanced techniques to reteach patient essential skills such as bathing, dressing, walking, stair climbing, balance and cooking, and to use equipment such as walkers, canes, wheelchairs and other ADL devices
Our programs are aimed at providing disease-specific education and care to patients and caregivers so they can develop the skills necessary to manage their diagnosis independently and prevent re-hospitalizations.
Currently, we offer specialized programs for patients diagnosed with heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and much more.
To receive home health aide services, it must be part of the recommended plan of care. Medicare only covers home health aide services if the patient is also receiving skilled nursing or rehab services.
Should your patient’s plan of care call for a home health aide, we have certified home health aides who will provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADL), such as bathing, dressing and meals. They also provide companionship along with support services that are essential to a patient’s comfort and well-being.
Many of our aides are bilingual or multilingual, and we always do our best to match patients with a home health aide who speaks their language.