Bereavement Education and Support
Grief and loss often continue to impact lives after a loved one has died. This is why MJHS offers free bereavement education and support for up to 13 months after the death of a loved one. Our team of counselors regularly leads programs designed to assist in healthy coping, including:
- Short-term individual or family counseling to MJHS Hospice family members at our Manhattan, Brooklyn or Garden City offices
- Support groups specific to the type of loss experienced
- Memorial services of remembrance are offered each spring and fall
- Workshops on coping with loss
- Referrals to local community grief counseling resources or other supportive services
For more information or to inquire further about the support services available, please call 212-844-5754 between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The MJHS Bereavement Department is committed to providing support to you during these difficult times and throughout your grief journey.
Due to COVID-19, all of our hospice bereavement support groups are being held by virtually by phone. Advanced registration and screening is required.
Our annual memorial services are on hold and will be rescheduled. If you need emotional support, please contact our bereavement line at (212) 844-5754 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Additional support lines:
New York State COVID-19 Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314
New York City Well: 1-800-692-9355
Association for Mental Health and Wellness Helpline: (631) 471-7242, ext. 2